Residential For Sale
Up to 7% Estimated Rental Yield
The Glassworks, Nottingham.
The Glassworks Nottingham is a collection of 27 high specification, luxury loft style apartments within a Victorian-era factory right in the centre of Nottingham. With an enviable location 2 minutes’ walk from Nottingham Central Station, 5 mins walk from the City Centre and a short walking distance to all major sports grounds, cultural attractions, business district, and universities, this is a unique opportunity to purchase a high-specification apartment in a highly desirable area for well under the UK national average flat price and an area in demand for young professional tenants as well as higher education participants. Investors can invest from as little as £26,000 to secure an apartment here with the balance due on completion scheduled for Q1 2024.
Nottingham is the 9th largest city in the UK and the largest in the East Midlands region with a population just shy of 332,000. Brimming with history (the home of the Robin Hood legend), culture, and entertainment, it has been named one of the best cities to live in across the UK. The economy is the 7th largest in the UK worth £55 billion and is ranked as a global city by the Globalization and World Cities Research Network. Traditionally an economy based on lace and tobacco, the modern economy has evolved and holds host to several large-scale businesses within the service sector.
The headquarters of several large companies are based in the city: these include Alliance Boots (formerly Boots the Chemists); Chinook Sciences; GM (cricket bats); Pedigree Petfoods; VF Corporation (American clothing); Changan Automobile (Chinese-made automobiles); the credit reference agency Experian; energy company E.ON Energy UK; betting company Gala Bingo; amusement and gambling machine manufacturer Bell-Fruit-Games; engineering company Siemens; sportswear manufacturers Speedo; high-street opticians Vision Express and Specsavers; games and publishing company Games Workshop; PC software developer Serif Europe (publisher of PagePlus and other titles); web hosting provider Heart Internet and the American credit card company Capital One. Nottingham also has offices of Nottingham Building Society (established 1849); HM Revenue & Customs; the Driving Standards Agency; Ofsted; the Care Quality Commission and BBC East Midlands.
As an important centre for sports, the city plays host to 2 of the world’s oldest football clubs Nottingham Forest and Notts County and Nottingham Rugby Club who play in the English second division. Dubbed the ‘Home of English Sport’, The National Ice Centre, Holme Pierrepont National Water Sports Centre and Trent Bridge international cricket ground are all based in and around the city, with the vast majority a stone’s throw from The Glassworks. The city also plays host to 2 world-class universities, the University of Nottingham and Nottingham Trent University ranked 25th and 56th respectively in the 2023 Good University Guide, with a total of over 65,000 students studying in the city.
- 10.7% increase in house prices between 2021 and 2022, the highest increase across the country.
- Voted Best City to live in the UK by the Sunday Times.
- A thriving rental market with 13% growth in rental yield between 2021 and 2022!
- £250 million Southside regeneration scheme located next door to the scheme.
- The NG2 postcode has an average asking price of £332,000, much higher than the prices in this development.
- £11 billion growth in metropolitan area GVA expected between 2020 and 2030.
- Fantastic transport connection with the city tram, M1 Motorway, Central Rail station and East Midlands Airport all a short distance from the development
- 6-7% Yields based on current rental prices (which will likely increase before completion)
- Prices from £130,000
- Studio’s, 1 and 2-bedroom apartments
- Share of freehold opportunity with zero ground rent
- Service charge of £2.31 / sqft
- Up to 7% projected yield
- Completes in Q1 2024
- Invest with just £26,000
- 20% on exchange, 80% on completion
- Excellent Nottingham city centre location
Landstar Ltd / AJJ Estates
Opulent Lettings and Management Ltd
£2.31 per sqft
£2,000 reservation fee 20% on exchange (minus reservation fee) 80% October 2023