Britannia House is our latest low-entry completed residential project located in the heart of England in Stafford. Britannia House features 32 apartments, a mix of 1 and 2 bedroom apartments that are already tenanted and let to locals on assured shorthold tenancies. With prices starting from as little as £98,500 offering a yield of up to 10% net makes this a very attractive opportunity for our investors.
All the apartments in this building have been built to an exceptional standard and contain everything a prospective tenant would need. All the properties are currently let and achieving yields north of 7% on long-term lets. With the high number of businesses and enterprises in the area as well as Stafford’s limited appeal to tourists, recently there has been a growing demand for short-term lets in the area. With the leases on these apartments allowing for short-term lets, investors have the opportunity to increase the current 7% gross yield on AST’s to a net yield of 10% net with short-term lets.
The building was completed in 2019 and also has on-site car parking for up to 23 cars.
An Introduction to Stafford
The Borough of Stafford has a rich heritage and is home to over 6000 SMEs and micro-businesses through to large multinationals, such as Pets At Home, Perkins and GE.
During the past 3 years we have seen in excess of 1000 new businesses make Stafford Borough their home supporting a wealth of established industry sectors, as well as strong research and development in engineering, electronics, materials and medical sciences.
The Borough is ideally placed to provide easy access to markets with outstanding transport infrastructure to the whole of the UK by road, air, sea and rail. Just one of many reasons why so many organisations chose to make Stafford their home. There are so many more:
- Stafford Borough has a population of over 137,000 people with a further three million living within 45 minutes drive time.
- 62% of it’s residents hold Major Group 1-3 positions, higher than the 44% average across the West Midlands and Britain.
- 53% of Stafford’s residents holding NVQ4 and above, compared to 34% across the West Midlands and 40% across Britain.
- Staffordshire and Keele Universities are on the doorstep with highly respected engineering and computing faculties available to our businesses.
- Stafford College became the first further education provider in England to achieve top grades in every area of Ofsted’s Education Inspection Framework (EIF). The college has recently announced a £23m planned investment into a new skills and innovation hub – Newcastle and Stafford Colleges Group
- Their business density is greater than most across the County with some 430 plus businesses registered per 10,000 residents.
- The Borough hosts over 30 high-growth enterprises and our business start-up and survival rates are exemplary.